Getting married is one of the great chapter our life. Selecting the engagement ring is one of the most important first decisions to make. Because the engagement is the ring which is meant to be worn appreciated for the lifetime. Other than that traditional style of getting down on your knees to say that magical words, here are some tips on how to make that perfect choice and what you should be know when you are searching to buy an engagement ring.
Follow the below tips to make the perfect selection of an engagement ring:
- KNOW YOUR FIANCEE’S DESIRE IN JEWELLERY: There are plenty of choices are available such as diamond, ruby, sapphire and more. First of all know the preference of your fiancée such as which type of stone your fiancée like, type of setting and color of cherished metal which your fiancée will like to have it. Consider the design of other jewellery they love, or ask their family members or close friends for an idea of their preferences.
- DETERMINE HER RING SIZE: If you have no idea about her ring size then do one thing secretly borrow one of her rings and get them measured by a jeweler, by this you will get the perfect size of her ring. Note that there can be a difference up to a half finger size between the left and right hands, but this difference can be adjusted after you have given the ring to her.
- THE DECISION WHETHER TO SELECT A DIAMOND: Diamonds are the hardest substance known by human and it also has more excellence and fire than any other gemstone available on the earth. It looks great for the longtime and it will withstand daily wear. For engagement rings diamond has always been the classical choice of gemstone.
- OTHER GEMSTONES USED FOR ENGAGEMENT RINGS: Other than diamond you will find sapphire and rubies they are very popular engagement stones and they are popular because of their high degree hardness which make them durable for lifetime and they are second only to diamonds. Emeralds are also one potion available for the engagement rings but they are not as hard or as durable like sapphire, diamond and rubies, but they can be set with a gold rub over setting, this would definitely help to prevent emerald for the long term.
Few stones which are not perfect for the engagement rings such as opals, because they might dry out and crack if it used as daily wear, they are nice for the occasional wear. Pearls either cultured or natural might absorb liquids and stains on it.
After all, it is better to avoid stones which have grades under 7 in hardness in the MOHs scale1.
5. THE 4Cs: The 4Cs in the diamond means
- Carat Weight
The 4Cs are the four standards which are used for judging the quality of any diamond. This is developed by the GIA (Gemological Institute of America) in the year 1953. This grading system is a trusted indication of quality and used all over the world. You should always consider this 4Cs together whenever you are selecting the diamond. You should carefully compare different stones and weight factors like size against color and clarity. You should remember that if the ring will be worn on daily basis then it doesn’t have to be top-rated D Flawless. People can’t identify a VVS1 diamond from a VS2, with the naked eye, but the price can differ significantly.
6. THE DIAMOND CERTIFICATE AND ITS IMPORTANCE: when you purchase a diamond ring, always ask for the certificate and if necessary get advice to help you to fully understand it. A certificate documents the important statistics of a diamond including it weight, color and clarity, the proportion of the diamond, cut and polish. The best approved is known as GIA certificate.
7. GOLD VERSUS PLATINUM: The decision of choosing a ring in yellow, white or pink gold versus platinum is a personal thing. Gold is light in weight than platinum because platinum is slightly extra dense and few people enjoy this extra solid feel. White gold gets brighter with wearing while platinum will dull a bit with the age and it can be polished. Platinum is more adaptable, so it is often used in elegant settings.
8. IMPORTANT NOTES WITH REGARD TO SETTING STONES ON A RING: The number of prongs and how they are created is very important. There should be always 4 to 6 prongs securing the stone. Appraise the endurance of the prongs, especially on a pre-worn ring. It is not impossible for a claw to get caught on clothing and be bent backwards, if the ring is made of thin metal, if can lose you stone, in case if the ring only has 4 prongs.
The most popular choice for an engagement ring has always been a round shape, amazing cut diamond because it has the most excellence and sparkle of all the different cuts and is basically robust to last for lifetime.
The advice for the buyers is to analyze pieces deliberately and to seek advice from the experts. The best advice is to have some best knowledge before you make your decision, because there are a wide variety of designs, settings and cuts that can be of highest quality and some of with high values. Choose the engagement ring properly because it is a symbol of bringing together the lives of 2 people in a symbol of love, honor and commitment for many upcoming years.
If you want the best and highest quality engagement rings made with pure diamond and genuine metals, come here at Diamondfoundry.com & explore the widest collection of engagement rings and other jewellery products at competitive price As well as we are also provide discount codes for Diamond Foundry. For Discount Coupons Visit – https://www.savingtrendy.com/collection/diamond-foundry-discount-code/