There is one delusion that people think while decorating tiny apartment they just focus on functionality rather than design. Your apartment may be short on space but it doesn’t mean that it should be short in style as well.
For decorating your small apartment you need to focus on to fill your home with the things which you need while displaying your personal artistic taste. So follow these tips and guide to make sure that you make most of the space you have and still you let your personality come through. If you are thinking that it is a difficult taste to decorate your small apartment, so just go through the following tips below.
- CAREFULLY DEFINE SEPARATE AREAS: You must focus on defining the separate areas and give every area a definite purpose. For rounding of your entrance way put coat and shoe racks by the door. For easy serving and get more storage put the buffet between kitchen and dining areas. If you want to instantly draw the eye into the living area, so back your sofa to the foot of the bed. If you have interest or hobby of something than you can use those interest in separating the areas and you can also show who you are.
- GET THE FURNITURE WHICH HAS DUAL–PURPOSE: When you are dealing with the small apartment, you should keep in mind that every inch counts. So make the investment in the furniture which can perform multiple tasks. Bedrooms are the best place to have multi-purpose furniture. So buy the trundle bed which can convert in sofa while you are watching TV and also hollow ottoman which can used to sit and also for storage. While purchasing multi-purpose furniture, make sure to select furniture which is size appropriate to your space. If you purchase oversized furniture that will take more space make your room look even smaller.
- THINK ABOUT UNUSED SPACE : While you are furniture to design your tiny apartment. Look at apartment and identify the dead spaces and the spaces which are not currently serving something useful. Think about the spaces which are unused and the blank walls, and then find the ways to use those spaces to take advantage of that space. Buy a corners shelve to give yourself a place where you can store your bar essentials. You can even hide you lesser used serving plates by placing the baskets on the top of your refrigerator.
- LAYER TO ADD DEPTH : One thing that small spaces has is lack of depth, you can make up a depth by just layering into your design. You should add rugs to help cover up less than luxurious carpeting. If you want yourself to keep warm and cozy, so layer your bed with multiple blankets and decorative pillows. If you want to layer your apartment, so choose the items that varying materials, patterns and textures. Choose boldly pattern throw pillows if your sofa is much unbiased.
- ADD SECONDARY STORAGE : Small apartments are short on space to place the things. So for this reason it is very valuable to find furniture with the storage included. Buy the tables which have shelves and drawer in it and the ottomans which have hidden compartment in it. Trunks make amazing coffee tables and you can even store lot of stuff- luggage under extra tall beds.
6.ADD AN ALL PURPOSE PIECES : Buy a small and light weighted pieces that can easily take with you anywhere you want it. Get an small double Decker cart as it works as extra kitchen prep area that can easily moved from kitchen to the living room which serves as a bar cart or appetizer station when company comes.